While Netgear Genie setup makes it pretty easy to log in and configure your Netgear WiFi extenders, there are times when users face difficulty in connecting with their device or having a stable internet speed. In case you are facing the same, here’s a post for you to fix all that preventing you to install your Netgear WiFi extender.
Many users are in habit of keep changing their password of WiFi extender login. Sometimes, they are unable to do that due to some technical issue. Such issues can pose threats to WiFi traffic and hinder your experience.
Read the post to learn step-by-step instructions to resolve this problem in an instant.
How To Resolve Netgear WiFi Extender Login Issues
The first thing to keep in mind is to update the firmware to the most recent version available. An up-to-the-date firmware is important in fixing bugs and improving the security of a device. This becomes more important after you modify the settings.
While performing a new Netgear WiFi extender setup, you need to connect the extender with a computer physically. After the connection is properly established, launch an internet browser and enter into mywifiext web address. Next, log in to your device and follow the on-screen guide to finalize the process.
Pretty easy, right? But sometimes users face issues while performing the steps.
To fix the issue, first, check whether you have entered correct username and password. Since passwords are case sensitive, look clearly at what you are typing. In case the password you are typing is correct and still you are unable to log in to your device, try resetting the extender.
Take a pointed object such as a paper clip and insert it into the reset hole on your device. Press it for a while and then release. Your device will be sent back to its default settings. This means all your settings and credentials at mywifiext net will be default again.
If you are still facing the login issues, then:
- Move the WiFi extender closer to the router. Also, ensure the firmware of the router is updated.
- You need to remove interfering devices like microwave, baby monitors, metal appliances, Bluetooth speakers etc. because they can block the frequency signals of your device.
- Disable those devices that are inactive because they can interfere with the process.
- Never connect the WiFi extender with a public WiFi. Also, disable the public WiFi on your computer.
- Keep your router, extender, and modem at a high place such as a shelf or table.
- Keep it in an open space in the room, i.e. away from walls, drawers, cabinets, etc.
- Make sure your internet browser is virus-free and updated. Also, delete the cache from using the settings.
- Check whether the Ethernet cable is in a good state.
These steps resolve login issues for most users. In case your problem still strikes, it will be a good idea to contact professional technicians at https://mywifiext-net.support to help you fix this problem. No matter how complicated the problem is, you can get it resolved in no time.